You’re here, on this page, because you want to know what Bill Seaver is all about.
What kind of work experience does he have? What has he done? Where has he been? That kind of thing.
I’m not going to do that right here from the get-go. Scroll down if you want that, but I’m going to tell you what’s driving me professionally. Want to know what I’m about? This:
Is it possible to redefine marketing and change how people think about it on a large scale?
That’s my goal. I want millions of people to think differently about marketing. That goes for small business owners to CEOs and all the people who have a marketing function in a company (and that’s just about everyone.)
That’s what I’m about now. I spent years in traditional marketing and then was an early consultant focused on social media marketing but it all melted together.
While that was happening your customer was getting more power. One of the best lines I ever read was that the deer have guns now. Think about that. The hunt is different now. You have to change the way you approach your target audience. They just might shoot first…and sometimes that’s a great thing. That’s how different things are now. That’s why people need to change their definition of marketing.
So you want to know about Bill.
You should probably know that…
- Bill earned a Master’s degree at the University of Tennessee.
- Bill worked for a large publisher and left after a few years to become a vice president at a small marketing firm.
- Bill got married, moved to Nashville and started his first real job within a 30 day period.
- Bill was one of the first full-time social media consultants in the country.
- Bill has been married 16 years and has four children.
- Bill started blogging in 2006 and has written well over 1,000 blog posts.
- Bill helped start a church in 2010.
- Bill has been featured twice on Seth Godin’s blog.
- Bill serves on the board of directors for Jonathan Edwards Classical Academy.